The world of GTA 5 has had some problems, this has allowed us to contact you to explain how to correct error 0xc0000142
How does error 0xc0000142 occur in GTA 5?
To know how to correct the error 0xc0000142 it is necessary to understand that this bug has affected other games, so it is not something new and it is not merely a problem of GTA5, since Witcher 3 or Far Cry 4 have experienced the same problem, but if It turns out to be a serious failure for this particular game, as it is directly related to the lack of DLL files, which when we launch the game usually tells us The application wan unable to start correctly (0xc0000142), click OK to close the application .
GTA Online: Where to Find BunkersGTA Online: How to unlock Survival Mode
How to fix error 0xc0000142 in GTA 5?
Here are some easy-to-run solutions that can get you out of this problem.
1. Run GTA 5 5 with administrator permission.
There are some functions that may involve having the administrator's permission, and it is precisely this that does not allow us to be able to play indicating this error, to execute it it is necessary:
- Right-click on the shortcut of the game located on the desktop where it will be necessary to select Properties.
- Then we move to the compatibility tab where we will mark Run program as administrator.
- Finally we save the changes, exit and restart the computer to re-launch the game.
2.Repair the missing DLL file.
If the previous solution about How to correct the error 0xc0000142 has not helped you, it is time to try this, since it is somewhat more complex since we must on the one hand have administrator rights on our PC and be able to launch Command Pormpt in administrator mode, if this is given to you so follow these steps to solve this GTA 5 failure.
- We proceed to press Windows R in the bar we write "cmd".
- Then we press Shift Ctrl Enter all must be pressed simultaneously.
- Next you need to type sfc / scannow and press Enter at the command prompt.
- We wait for some time since this process usually takes something, because it must be completed and check that this failure is no longer occurring.
3. Reset the value of LoadAppint_DLLs.
If the error still persists you need to reset the value of LoadAppint_DLLs in the registry and this implies:
This is all that we know so far about How to correct the error 0xc0000142, since it will only be necessary for you to put into practice some of our solutions and thus be able to fully enjoy GTA 5.
- Press Windows R and type regedit in the search bar, then indicate Yes when requested.
- We proceed to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion WindowsLoadAppInit_DLLs.
- Then we will double-click LoadAppint_DLLs in order to reset the value to 0, Hexadecimal base and click OK.
- Finally we reboot the system and launch the game.
PlayStation 3 pS3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 PS4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows PC
Rockstar Games, Take-Two Interactive, Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft, Humble Store, Epic Games
RAGE, Euphoria, Bullet Physics, Havok
17 September 2013
Other Articles Related
GTA 5: How To Fix Error Code 6000.87 and 1000.1GTA Online: How To Complete Under Twelve Minutes in Cayo Perico HeistGTA Online: How to buy and sell CarsGTA Online: Where to Find Bigfoot Peyote PlantGTA Online: How to Mute PlayersGTA Online: How to Give Money to FriendsGTA 5: How to access Director ModeGTA Online: How to get the Manchez ScoutGTA Online: How to play Motor WarsGTA 5: How To Get a Car InvisibleGTA Online: smuggler sell missions GuideGTA Online: Where to find the treasure chests in Cayo PericoGTA Online: How to Complete Keinemusik MissionsGTA Online: How to become a member crewGTA Online: Where to find All Secondary Target in Cayo Perico