In this article we are going to tell you everything you need to know about how to fix the crash on startup in Amnesia Rebirth.
What is the startup crash problem in Amnesia Rebirth.
This is an error that unfortunately many players have already reported recently when trying to start the game, so if you want to know how to fix the crash at startup, you have to read what this guide has for you, because it has everything covered.
How to fix crash on startup in Amnesia Rebirth.
We have divided this guide into several solutions that we recommend you try until you find the right one for you.
Graphics card upgrade.
The first thing we recommend you do is get the latest OpenGL driver support for your graphics card as long as your graphics card supports OpenGL, since the driver you have could be outdated or old and can cause this problem, among others.
Operating system update.
Almost all recent games are released to run on the latest version of the operating system, so if your operating system is out of date you may run into this and other errors.
So the key here is simple, make sure you have your operating system updated to the latest version available.
Run as administrator.
Keep in mind that every time you run an application without the administrator's permissions, you are not granting write permission to the installation directory, so it may cause the game to fail or the application to not run or crash when starting.
The solution here is simple, simply grant administrator access by going to the installation directory> right click on the game> Properties> Compatibility> Run this program as administrator.
Amnesia Rebirth: How to solve Cage Puzzle
This ranges from display settings to incorrect settings can cause errors.
But step by step screen first, make sure the DPI is set to 100 percent by default, the screen you are using supports the resolution you set in game and set the color depth to 32 bit.
To avoid any problems with a bad configuration, the best thing you can do is play the game with the default configuration. To do this you will have to delete the file [username] _user_settings.cfg from the game save directory> then you will have to start the game and make the settings change one by one while maintaining the best performance and then moving on to the next change.
Another possible reason why you find this error is that the antivirus is blocking the game, so you will have to add the game to the white list of the respective antivirus software.
This is very important, as your game could have corrupted files that can cause more than one error.
In this sense, the first thing you want to do is access the Steam client> Library> right-click on the game> Properties> Local files> "Verify integrity of game files".
Launch on Steam for windowed mode.
Running the game in full screen consumes too many resources, so the best you can do is set the game in windowed mode.
To do this you will have to access the Steam client> Library> locate Baldur's Door 3> right click on the game> Properties> General> "Configure launch options" and paste -windowed –noborder> Ok and close.
Then you will have to restart the system and access the game which should no longer present errors.
This was our guide on how to fix the crash on startup in Amnesia Rebirth, we hope you were able to correct the crash issue and get back to the game as soon as possible. Remember that the key in this guide on how to solve the crash at startup in Amnesia Rebirth, is to try each and every one of the solutions until you find the correct one.
- Among the pluses that can correct the problem we have that applications running in the background that are not in use can cause problems. In this way we recommend you close them if you are not really using them from the task manager.
- Disable Steam Overlay from Steam client> Library> right click on game> Properties> disable Enable Steam Overlay during gameplay.
- Remove the GeForce Experience / MSI Afterburner, uninstalling the programs to disable them or simply disable them from Task Manager.
- Change the Discord settings if you have the software installed and running, disabling overlay and hardware acceleration.
- To do this you will have to launch the Discord application> User Settings> Voice and Video> Advanced> disable the OpenH264 video codec provided by Cisco System, Inc. and enable high priority packet quality of service> then go to the overlay and disable it> Advanced Hardware Acceleration and Disabled> install Microsoft Visual C 2008, 2010 and 2015.
- In case it is necessary to reinstall them again you will have to press Windows R key and type appwiz.cpl> Enter> find the Microsoft Visual C 2008, 2010 and 2015 Redistributable> right click on each program and select Uninstall. Then reboot the system and install the three runtime visual studios in x64 versions 2008, 2010 and 2015 to reboot again.
PlayStation 4 PS4, Microsoft Windows PC, GNU/Linux, Mac OS
Horror, Adventure, Indie, Survival, Horror, First-Person
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related
Amnesia Rebirth: How to Solve the Laboratory Orb PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: Where to find SaltpeterAmnesia Rebirth: How to Create VitaeAmnesia Rebirth: How To Destroy The Floor In The FortressAmnesia Rebirth: How To Complete The Fortress EscapeAmnesia Rebirth: How to Get All EndingsAmnesia Rebirth: How to solve Chamber of Pillars PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: How to solve The Orb PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: How To Solve The Cage PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: How to get the radioAmnesia Rebirth: How to destroy the fort doorAmnesia Rebirth: How to solve the Elevator PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: the Cistern Crank Puzzle SolutionAmnesia Rebirth: How to solve Alchemy Lab Teleporter PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: How to Solve The Maze PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: How to solve Three Wheel PuzzleAmnesia Rebirth: How to Reduce FearAmnesia Rebirth: How to solve Ruins Teleporter Puzzle