Our work does not stop at Stardew Valley and that is why we come to talk to you about How to install mods
What are mods in Stardew Valley?
As we progress in this game we are offered the possibility of having some modifications, but this in a way can generate some confusion for some players, because not necessarily all have knowledge about it, for our fortune knowing how to install mods allows us have the possibility of having certain improvements that allow us to work with the files of this game more comfortably.
How to install mods on Stardew Valley?
It should be noted that we must consider some elements before installing the mods and they are the following:
Stardew Valley: How to catch Tiger TroutStardew Valley: Where to Find All Golden Walnut
Install SMAPI: this is a necessary program before starting our main work on How to install mods, for this it is necessary:
- Download SMAPI avoiding that it can be downloaded in the main folder of the game.
- Extract the SMAPI file and for this it is necessary to double click on the file.
- Then we are shown a black window, we must let it continue to do the necessary work.
- Then we are told where we can place our next mods in the game folder.
- SMAPI allows us to check for mods that may be out of date in Stardew Valley.
- Once it is downloaded and configured, it is time to access Steam where this application will create a "StardewModdingAPI" file, in the game folder.
- Next we must click inside the game folder to load it once it is modified.
It is important to locate the location of the modified folder and for this it is necessary:
- Go to PC and locate local disk (C).
- Then it will be necessary to search for Program Files (84)
- Next we locate Steam, then Steamapps and from there common
- Then we place Stardew Valley inside and then StardewModdingAPI.
- Then it will be necessary to redirect Steam to the moddded version.
- We proceed to click with the right mouse button on Stardew Valley in our library.
- Choose to click on Properties to locate the tab below "Launch Options" where it is necessary to include the location of the API file.
- To finish it is necessary to write verbatim: "c:program files
(x86)teamteamappscommonStardew ValleyStardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%
Install the content patcher: this is another necessary activity when it comes to knowing how to install mods and this is only possible to do as soon as we have installed SMAPI. Now this is a process that requires:
- Download Content Patcher.
- Install the zip file and for this it is necessary to move it to the mods folder in the Stardew Valley folder and proceed to extract it there.
- It is necessary to be clear that we must go to the mods folder and to achieve this it is necessary to go to local disk C, once here go to Program Files (x84).
- Next we go to Steam, then we enter steamapps, from there to common to enter Stardew Valley and finally Mods.
When we have completed these steps necessary to know how to install mods, it is necessary to find the files, because the idea is to extract them inside the mods folder to proceed to open the game in a normal way, since these files may be on the outside, as it will only be It is necessary to take a walk around the web and review the mod that we like on the internet, also that it can be compatible with SMAPI and Content Patcher and follow the aforementioned process for which we only need to open it with the StardewModdingAPI application or through Steam. In this sense, knowing how to install mods allows us to have the opportunity to update ourselves in Stardew Valley.
Microsoft Windows PC, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, iOS, Android
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related
Stardew Valley: How to Catch WoodskipStardew Valley: How To Get The Hat MouseStardew Valley: How to get Linus’ basketStardew Valley: How To Catch Super CucumberStardew Valley: Where to Find Largemouth BassStardew Valley: How to Catch Sunfish - Tips and tricksStardew Valley: How to get more clayStardew Valley: How to make Truffle OilStardew Valley: How to get Maple SyrupStardew Valley: How to get ectoplasmStardew Valley: How to Get Large MilkStardew Valley: How to Catch Albacore - Tips and tricksStardew Valley: How to Get Void ChickensStardew Valley: How to Get Infinity WeaponsStardew Valley: How to Plant Ancient Fruit