Pokemon GO has taken the world by storm, allowing players to catch their favorite Pokemon in augmented reality. However, like any app, it can sometimes encounter issues that hinder the gameplay experience. One common issue that players face is when Pokemon GO routes stop working. If you're experiencing this problem, don't worry! In this blog post, we will discuss several steps you can take to fix Pokemon GO routes not working.
Update Pokemon GO
The first step in resolving any app-related issue is to ensure that you have the latest version installed. Developers often release updates that address bugs and improve app performance. Keeping your Pokemon GO app up to date is crucial for a smooth gameplay experience. To update Pokemon GO on your device, follow these steps:
- For iOS users: Open the App Store, tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner, scroll down to Pokemon GO, and tap the "Update" button if available.
- For Android users: Open the Google Play Store, tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner, select "My apps & games," find Pokemon GO in the list of installed apps, and tap the "Update" button if available.
Reinstall Pokemon GO
If updating the app doesn't resolve the issue, the next step is to reinstall Pokemon GO. Reinstalling the app can help fix route-related issues that may have been caused by corrupted or missing files. Here's how you can reinstall Pokemon GO:
- 1. Uninstall Pokemon GO: On your device, go to the app settings, find Pokemon GO, and select the option to uninstall or delete the app.
- 2. Reinstall Pokemon GO: Open the App Store or Google Play Store, search for Pokemon GO, and tap the "Install" button to download and reinstall the app.
Sometimes, the issue with Pokemon GO routes not working is temporary and can be resolved by waiting. It could be due to server maintenance or an issue on the game's end. While waiting for the issue to be resolved, you can explore other features of the game, such as catching Pokemon in nearby areas, battling gyms, or participating in events.
Reboot your Device
Rebooting your device can help resolve various app-related issues, including problems with Pokemon GO routes. Restarting your device clears the memory and refreshes the system, potentially resolving any conflicts that might be affecting the app. To reboot your device:
- For iOS users: Press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" option appears. Slide it to power off, then press and hold the power button again to turn your device back on.
- For Android users: Press and hold the power button until the power menu appears. Tap on the "Restart" or "Reboot" option to restart your device.
If none of the previous steps have resolved the issue, contacting support is the next best option. The Pokemon GO support team is dedicated to helping players overcome any technical difficulties they may encounter. When reaching out to support, make sure to provide them with the necessary details, such as your device model, operating system version, and a brief description of the problem you're experiencing. You can contact Pokemon GO support through their official website or in-app support.
Dealing with Pokemon GO routes not working can be frustrating, but by following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue and get back to enjoying your Pokemon-catching adventures. Remember to update the app regularly, consider reinstalling if necessary, be patient, try rebooting your device, and contact support if all else fails. Happy hunting!