It was the second best year for PlayStation 4
in terms of unit sales according to the latest official data offered by Sony in 2018.
The total accumulated amounts to 91.6 million units from its launch in November 2013 until December 31, 2018. It should be noted that these are real sales figures to consumers, not distributed consoles.
According to the analyst Daniel Ahmad, which reflected a graph, showing that in 2017 was the year in which PS4 recorded its highest sales figure in a year with 20.2 million units. This is shown in your twitter account.
Below are some of the data offered by Sony Interactive Entertainment:
1. During the Christmas season of this 2018, PS4 has sold more than 5.6 million units. During this period, which runs from November 19 to December 31, 2018, Sony Interactive Entertainment managed to ship more than 5.6 million PlayStation 4, only 300,000 fewer units than a year ago and 600,000 less than two years ago.
2. Over the past Christmases, more than 50.7 million PS4 games were sold, adding copies in physical format and digital sales. 5.2 million less than a year ago.
3. The total of PS4 video games sold globally amounts to 876 million units between copies in physical and digital format until December 31, 2018.
4. The game Marvel's Spider Man, released on December 7, 2018, has sold more than 9 million units worldwide until November 25, 2018. Becoming the fastest PS4 exclusive video game in the world history of the console, with 3.3 million copies in its first three days.
5. The total number of monthly active users of PSN exceeded 90 million by the end of November 2018. John Kodera revealed that the next goal of PlayStation 4 is to achieve over 100 million units. He also wanted to thank one more year to the followers of PlayStation 4 for their support of the platform.
For its part, as mentioned above, Spider-Man, the game developed by Insomniac Games exceeded on November 25, 2018 the 9 million copies sold being the exclusive title that has sold the fastest.
In a press release, Sony confirmed the following, "Spider-Man, published in September 2018, has sold more than 9 million copies worldwide until November 25, 2018." And it is possible that the title of Insomniac Games, has reached 10 million after the Christmas campaign.
James Stevenson, community manager of Insomniac Games, took his Twitter account to confirm the sales figure of the game and thanked the fans for their help to get it,
"Thanks for the support," Stevenson added.
We remember that Spider-Man is available on PS4.
Other Articles Related
BitLife: How to use the heirlooms - tips and tricksRE Legend: How To Fish - tips and tricksMan of Medan: How to end the game with Julia alive Man of Medan multiplayer: How to play with friends - co-op modeMinecraft: How to Breed Bees Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey: How to Conquer Fear - tips and tricksThe Intel Xe GPUs as powerful as AMD and NvidiaNintendo Switch battery life: How to find new improved battery life Ark Valguero: how to get to all Caves - aberration, Temple, Spider, etc.Warframe: How To play in Creator Mode Need For Speed Heat: How to get Origin Early AccessNo Man’s Sky: How to Sit - tips ands tricksMinecraft: How to ride a pig - tips and tricksNo Man's Sky: How to get more units quicklyTower Unite Socialite: How to complete all Achievement Kindergarten 2: How to find All Monstermon CardsNo Man’s Sky: How to Switch Between First Person and Third PersonSecret Neighbor: How to unlock the basement doorNew MSI DDR4 ram set at 5.9GHz achieved world record Twitch: How To Fix Error 0495ba16 on PS4