Today we bring you a guide on How to Fix Stuck on Checking for Updates in Modern Warfare 2.
What to know about stuck on checking for updates in COD MW2?
With the launch of this beta some errors have been appearing, this specifically occurs when we try to check for updates, when we try to log in this error appears, now looking for solutions it is appropriate to take into account how to fix stuck in the search for updates in Modern Warfare 2 the following details, let's see.
How to fix stuck on checking for updates in Modern Warfare 2?
In the case of Steam we have to consider on How to fix stuck on searching for updates in Modern Warfare 2 a possible solution that comes from the developers, we will go to right click the game in Steam, we will manage and examine local files, in the main folder we must locate the data0 and data1 as well as toc0 and 1 to remove it.
Seeing this problem on PC/Xbox/PlayStation we have that it has been a situation known at this point by those of Infinity Ward, only it has not been solved, which leaves us in the situation of about How to fix stuck on checking for updates in Modern Warfare 2 2 waiting for the correct update to be submitted to fix it, in which case there is much to consider later.
It is possible that we have the solution in the repair of the files, for this we will go to Program Files (x86) SteamsteamappscommonCall of Duty Modern Warfare 2II Beta or where we have the installation, here we must eliminate the 7 folders, with this we will proceed to verify the files of the game and we will start it, in case of failure we will have to follow a set of options regarding How to fix stuck in the search for updates in Modern Warfare 2 on PC we have that these are the following:
- The state of the server: it is possible that they are inactive or in maintenance, which prevents the login, we can check it and in case enter later.
- Check network connectivity: An important possibility is that our internet is not working well, so resetting or restarting the router is adequate in terms of How to fix stuck on checking for updates in Modern Warfare 2, even a network change, change to wired connection or mobile access.
- Disable VPN: This can cause problems so we must turn it off.
- Deactivate antivirus and firewall: it is necessary that the game is whitelisted by both, optionally we can deactivate both software to avoid the error.
- Delete cache: for this we enter the execute command where we will write percent temp percent, whatever is in this folder we will delete it, with writing percent programdata percent, percent appdata percent and percent localappdata percent we will also do the same to delete what corresponds to Battle.net and with Blizzard Entertainment.
- Driver update: As for How to fix stuck searching for updates in Modern Warfare 2, this option is very important, both Windows and the graphics may be outdated, we can even help with third-party applications to make these corrections.
- Verify game files: in case they are missing or damaged, the game execution error is presented, so we will scan the game for its repair.
- Check the version of the game: you have to check for updates because the error may be there, so you have to update it.
- System requirements: if you do not meet what is necessary to run the game, it is normal to see this situation.
- Play offline: we can skip the screen playing like this initially and then try to connect.
- Change the NAT type: We can make this change and try to use Google DNS to resolve the situation.
- Reinstall the game: we have to uninstall it and install it again to solve the error.
- System restart: we restart our PC and then try to play again.
There is a group of options that we need to follow regarding How to fix stuck on checking for updates in Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox and PlayStation and these are as follows:
Finally, now that we know how to fix stuck on checking for updates in Modern Warfare 2 we can get back to normal gaming again.
- Close session in all profiles: in the console, doing this closing keeping only the one that we are going to use can prevent this situation from occurring.
- Play offline: playing locally and trying to connect can bypass the screen that will look for updates, we can even access cooperative mode, go to the menu and then play online multiplayer.
- Change NAT: this can help us in terms of How to fix stuck in searching for updates in Modern Warfare 2, even the use of Google DNS is recommended.
- Restore license: this is very helpful to solve the situation, we just have to go to account manager through the configuration.
- Check network connectivity: in case of connection problems, it may be our internet, so we have to do a reboot or reset our router, change to a different network, use internet cable or even mobile access.
- Eliminate space reservations on Xbox: using the start button on the controller we press on the game, we will go to the games and updates manager, in saved data we delete the corresponding space reserved for the game.
- Software update: As for How to fix stuck searching for updates in Modern Warfare 2, this solution is one of great importance that we can apply to our console, by keeping this up to date we can avoid many errors.
- The state of the server: login is not possible if there is an inactivity on the servers, so we will check or try to join later.
- Delete the cache: this option requires you to turn off the console, remove it from power, wait a couple of minutes to connect again and turn it on.
- Fresh install of the game - We uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to see what happens with the problem.
- Wait: Waiting for the update to load may be the solution, as for many you get to log in again.
MW2, Cod Modern Warfare 2, CODMW2, Call of Duty MW2, COD MW2
Activision, Square Enix
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related