This time we return with a Resident Evil Village guide, aiming to explain how to fix the WMVideo decoder error.
What to know about WMVideo decoder error in Resident Evil Village?
This is a problem that occurs in the latest version of Windows 10 or a version that is modified when playing on our PC, this error occurs when we try to run the game, a window appears indicating a message that talks about the need to install "VIDEO CODEC: WMVideo Decoder to start the game, we accept the message and we leave, now looking to know how to repair the error of the WMVideo decoder we are going to have this guide and its content, let's see it.
How to fix WMVideo decoder error in Resident Evil Village?
In case of having restarted the PC we cannot get to know about this message regarding How to fix the WMVideo decoder error, which will lead us to open the Steam client, go to the library, search for the game and right-click Click on it to examine the local Resident Evil Village files, we will see the window in which the game was installed, we have to look for the InstallerMessage.exe file, just by double clicking on it we will get to the Capcom IntallerMessage window on the screen Now in order to find a solution to How to fix the WMVideo decoder error in Resident Evil Village, you have to apply some indications, these being the ones that we will see below.
Read Also:Where to find the Compensator in Resident Evil Village Shadows of Rose
The package of multimedia functions: regarding How to fix the WMVideo decoder error, it is necessary to install a codec package in our system, considering the greater need if we are on Windows 10 N, then we must do the following:
- The latest version of the codec package must be installed, because despite having it installed, it may be presenting problems with Resident Evil Village.
- In the case to install them in Windows 10 N we will go to the official Microsoft website to obtain it.
- It is important to know the latest edition we have of Windows, if we don't know we will go to the start menu and type PC, we will see the name of this and the edition of Windows 10 that we are currently using appears.
- Then the following is that being the 1903 upper compilation we can install the package for our version by entering the link KB3145500, while if we are in this version exactly of Windows 10 we can add the package from the beginning, configurations, applications and features, optional and add a feature, the package appearing in the list.
- After this we must restart our PC so that the changes are effective and we seek to run the game again.
Third-party codec pack: if this problem persists, regarding How to fix the WMVideo decoder error, we will choose to use the third-party codec K-Lite Codec Pack, once we download it we will open it on our PC to install it using the administrator access, after that we reboot to apply the changes and the next thing is to test if Resident Evil Village is running correctly.
File scanning and repair: it is important to verify the integrity of the Resident Evil Village files if we want to solve How to fix the WMVideo decoder error which will lead us to perform the following steps:
- We enter Steam to find the library and look for the game to right-click on it.
- We give it in the properties to go to the local files tab, we choose to verify integrity of the game files.
- The verification process of all the game files will begin and when it is completed we close the Steam client to restart our PC and the changes will be applied.
- Then we try to run the game by opening the Steam client, pressing on Windows or at start we write in manage optional features.
- We give you in adding a feature and here you should look for the Windows Media player.
- When we find it, we choose it and install it.
- Once the add-on is installed, the multimedia features package will start on our PC.
In conclusion knowing How to fix the WMVideo decoder error is excellent, because we can get back to action in Resident Evil Village.
RE Village, RE 8, Resident Evil 8
Microsoft Windows PC, PlayStation 4 PS4, PlayStation 5 PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related
Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster: All Train Brake CodesResident Evil Village: How to Fix DirectX ErrorResident Evil Village: How to Fix WMVideo Decoder ErrorResident Evil Village: How To Get Flash BangsResident Evil Village: Where to Find All OuthouseResident Evil Village: Where to Find the Lone Road Chest KeyResident Evil Village: Where to Find All The FishResident Evil Village: How To Install Fly Swatter ModResident Evil Village: Where to Find AngieResident Evil Village: How to Solve Moreau’s Labyrinth PuzzleResident Evil Village: Where to Find All Foyer ItemResident Evil Village: Where to Find All Library ItemResident Evil Village: How to Get Crystal TorsoHow to Beat Mother Miranda in Resident Evil VillageResident Evil Village: Where to Find Heisenberg's KeyResident Evil Village: How to get the Madalina BodyResident Evil Village: How to get All meal recipesResident Evil Village: Where to Find Wolfsbane Long Barrel