Call of Duty Warzone has some bugs and for this reason it is necessary to explain how to fix disk read error 6.154
What is 6.154 disk read error on Call of Duty Warzone?
This is another of the drawbacks that this game has, failures are not new, especially considering that the most recent update of the game brought with it various problems, so it is necessary to know how to fix the reading error of disk 6,154, although it is true, the errors are usually visible on all the platforms for which Call of Duty Warzone is available, it is vital to consider that this 6,154 reading error is usually seen in Windows 11 with more force and for this reason we are going to give you some solutions.
Before going on to detail the fixes about How to fix disk read error 6.154, it is relevant to show the chain as the error can appear and they are:
- Disk Read Error [6.154]: 'common_mp.fp'
- Disk Read Error [6.154]: 'mp_hackney_am.fp'
- Disk Read Error [6.154]: 'global.stream.mp.fp'
- Disk Read Error [6.154]: 'mp_hackney_am.fc'
- Disk Read Error [6.154]: 'mp_don3.fp'
- Disk Read Error [6.154]: 'code_post_gfx'
- Disk Read Error [6.154]: 'common_base_mp.fp'
It is good to know that errors always have some reasons behind them why they are displayed and in Call of Duty Warzone this is no different, so knowing How to fix disk read error 6.154 makes it necessary to talk to you about the possible causes why it occurs. shows the error and this implies:
- The XMP profile in BIOS is enabled causing overclocking in RAM.
- The missing files of Call of Duty Warzone.
- Possible corrupt game files.
- Problems with Battle.net.
- Outdated operating system.
- Outdated version of the game.
How to fix disk read error 6.154 in Call of Duty Warzone?
There are several arrangements that we can execute and they are the following:
Call of Duty Warzone Pacific: The Best MAC-10 loadout for Season 4Call of Duty Warzone: How to summon a Zombie on Fortune’s KeepOpt to run Call of Duty Warzone as administrator:
This is a simple fix for which we need to:
Disable Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer
- Right-click on the PC game shortcut.
- Next, we need to select Properties.
- Next, we click on the Compatibility tab.
- We must click on the checkbox for the purpose of Run this program as an administrator to mark it.
- We proceed to click Apply and accept to save the changes.
– We continue to talk about How to Fix Disk Read Error 6.154 here is a solution for which we need to:
Verify the Call of Duty Warzone files
- Press Windows I in order to open Settings.
- We click on System in the left panel and then on Sound.
- We proceed to scroll down to click on More sound settings.
- We locate the Playback tab in order to find Speakers.
- We right-click on Sonic Stidio Virtual Mixture.
- Then we click Disable to turn it off and restart the PC to apply the changes.
- To finish we start Call of Duty Warzone and that's it.
: there is a possibility that the files may be damaged and it is nothing to write home about, however, this usually throws us many errors, among which is the reading 6154, in this sense, it is necessary to know how to repair the error disk reading 6,154 and for this we can apply:
Update the game:
- Open Battle.net client to go to Library where we need to open Call of Duty Warzone.
- Then we click Options to select Scan and Repair, here you need to choose Scan.
- We wait while this process is completed and done.
this is another of the favorable solutions to know how to fix disk reading error 6,154, outdated games always show us errors, to avoid it we update and this implies:
- Open the Blizzard.net desktop client on PC and click on the Blizzard logo in the top left corner.
- Then, we will go to settings to click on Install / Update game and scroll down to check the automatic updates and that they are set to Apply more recent updates …
- Having selected the above, we click Done and close the launcher, in addition to restarting the PC.
the outdated operating system can cause us problems, so it is vital to know how to repair disk read error 6154, in this case it is necessary:
Update graphics drivers
- Press Windows I to open the settings menu, and then click Update & security.
- Next, we select Check for updates in the Windows Update section.
- If there is an update, we must select Download and install, we only wait for the duration of this process and at the end we restart.
: updates are necessary to play Call of Duty Warzone, so knowing how to fix disk read error 6154 leads to applying them and in this particular case, we must:
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
- Right-click on the start menu to open the quick access and then click on Device Manager from the list.
- Next, we double-click on Display adapters to expand the list, and then right-click on the name of the dedicated graphics card.
- We proceed to select Update driver and choose Search for drivers automatically.
- If there is an update, it will automatically download and install the most recent version.
- We are continuing to provide fixes for this Call of Duty Warzone bug and in this particular case we should:
Choose to run a clean reboot:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app and go to Settings.
- We click on the General tab and then on Disable in-game overlay.
- To finish, we restart the PC to apply the changes and that's it.
This is another applicable method to know how to fix disk read error 6154 and for this we must:
Run CHKDSK Scan
- Press Windows R and proceed to type “msconfig”, then press Enter.
- We will go to the Services tab to enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- We click on Disable all, then on Apply and OK to save the changes.
- We will go to the Startup tab to click Open Task Manager to open the Manager interface and go to the Startup tab.
- We click on the specific task and when selected we will click on Disable to turn them off, these changes are made for each program that can have a greater impact.
- To finish, we restart the PC and that's it.
– The list of fixes to know How to Fix Disk Read Error 6.154, keeps expanding on Call of Duty Warzone and to apply this we must:
Disable game bar and game mode
- Click on the Windows icon in order to open the start menu and type “cmd”.
- Next, we right-click the command prompt from the result and click Run as administrator.
- We will type “chkdsk c: /r/f” and press Enter, then press and Enter to allow the hard drive to be checked when we restart the PC.
– This is another fix to know how to fix disk read error 6.154 in Call of Duty Warzone and to run it we need to:
Deactivate the antivirus and Windows Firewall:
- Press Windows I to open Windows Settings and click Games.
- Then we will go to the game bar to Disable, Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast by using the Game bar option.
- It is possible to apply disable game mode, for which we need to press Windows I to open the settings and click on the left panel.
- Then click on the Game Mode and then on the Switch to turn it off.
- To finish, we restart the PC and that's it.
this is the last action to be carried out in Call of Duty Warzone and that is part of the fixes to repair the disk reading error 6,154 and for this we must:
Now that you know how to fix disk read error 6.154, it's time to apply one of these fixes and thus continue enjoying Call of Duty Warzone, give it a try.
- Click on the Start menu and type Firewall.
- Next, we select Firewall Defender and click On or Off.
- A new page opens where we select the option Deactivate Windows Defender Firewall and click OK to save the changes that will be reflected when the PC is restarted.
COD Warzone, CODW, Call of Duty WZ
Microsoft Windows PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4
Battle royale, first-person shooter
March 10, 2020
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related
Call of Duty Warzone: How to get the Violet Stealth Pro Pack in Season 4Call of Duty Warzone: How to win Cash Extraction modeCall of Duty Warzone Pacific: Where to find Golden Keycards in Season 4Call of Duty Warzone: The Best UGM-8 loadout for Season 4Call of Duty Warzone: All New Weapons in Season 4Call of Duty Warzone: How to dig up buried treasure piles on Fortune’s KeepCall of Duty Warzone: How to buy from the Black Market on Fortune’s KeepCall of Duty Vanguard - Warzone: How to unlock the Vargo-S Assault Rifle in Season 4Call of Duty Warzone: Where to Find All Fortune’s Keep POIsCall of Duty Warzone Pacific: The Best PPSh-41 loadout for Season 3Call of Duty Warzone: How to fix Textures Not Loading errorCall of Duty Warzone 2: Release dateCall of Duty Warzone Pacific: The Best Type 100 loadout for Season 3Call of Duty Warzone: How to get free Pride Month Calling CardsCall of Duty Warzone Pacific: The Best BAR loadout for Season 3Call of Duty Warzone: the Best Pelington 703 loadout for Season 3Call of Duty Warzone: How to Fix Server Disconnected for PCCall of Duty Warzone: The Best ‘Carl Gustaf M/45’ H4 Blixen loadout for Season 3