The action in FFXIV does not stop, which will lead us to how to fix FFXIV Check Version Failed Error
What to know about FFXIV version check error?
It is a problem that can be caused by high traffic, being one of the many errors that this can cause the version check, this can be caused by different problems that can depend on the internet and corrupted files, looking for answers on How to fix the FFXIV version check error we can take into account the indications that will be presented from here on in this guide, let's see.
How to fix FFXIV Check Version Failed Error?
Starting from a verification of our network connection as the first thing in terms of How to fix the FFXIV version check error, it may be that the root of the problem is a failed connection, so we have to consider the following options:
Read Also:How to Get Islander’s Cowries in Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary
- Router Reboot: We will be looking at this to clear the router cache that may be causing the problem.
- Test speed: We will use third-party websites for this, highlighting fast.com or speedtest.net to determine the status of our connection.
- Change to cable connection: in case of using a wireless network we have to change to a cable one, we will have greater stability for our connection.
- Use a different connection: having a problem with our original network, what we will do is change to a different one using the access point of our phone, in many cases it will eliminate this error.
- Check the server status: Regarding How to solve the FFXIV version check error, we have that being an online game we will go through many problems at some point, what we will do is verify the situation that may be happening with the servers, For this we can use the Square Enix website to keep up to date with details, there are also third-party websites such as downdetector that lets us know the status of the server, if they are down we will only have to wait for the developers to correct this situation.
- Verify the integrity of the Steam game files: It is possible that a corruption in the game files causes this situation, so for How to fix the FFXIV version check error we have to start Steam to go to the library, and We will locate the game, we will right-click on it and go to the corresponding option to verify the game files, this starts a process that checks if the files are missing or damaged.
- The use of a VPN: this can help, we will only use a free one on the market and when this is corrected we can stop using it, it is something applicable even on a PC if necessary.
- The firewall and antivirus settings: it is important in terms of How to fix the FFXIV version check error that there is no interference with the server, so we have to apply exceptions for the game launcher, with the antivirus and firewall, it may even need to be disabled and with that we will cover How to fix FFXIV version check error.
- Modify the ffxiv_boot.cfg configuration file: if nothing has been achieved, it may be that updating manually will solve the situation, for this we go to DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn where the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file will be to open it with notepad, here you will see a BootVersionCheckMode 0 which we will change to 1 and save it, start the launcher, and it will work.
In this way we finalize our guide, now you know. How to fix FFXIV Check Version Failed Error, just enjoy it to the fullest.
Microsoft Windows PC, PlayStation 3 PS3, PlayStation 4 PS4, Mac OS X
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game
video game, gameplay, price, 60fps, steam
Other Articles Related
How to unlock Final Fantasy XIV Island SanctuaryHow to visit a friend’s Island Sanctuary in Final Fantasy XIVHow to get the Wondrous Lanner Whistle in Final Fantasy XIVWhere to Find Island Limestone in Final Fantasy XIV Island SanctuaryHow to Unlock the Granary in Final Fantasy XIV Island SanctuaryHow to Release Minions in Final Fantasy XIV Island SanctuaryHow to Get Copper in Final Fantasy XIV Island SanctuaryHow to get to The Fell Court of Troia in Final Fantasy XIVHow to Unlock Excitable Explorer Mammet in Final Fantasy XIV Island SanctuaryWhere to find Ultralight Tomestones in Final Fantasy XIVHow to get the Fylgja Horn mount in Final Fantasy XIVHow to unlock the Storm’s Crown Trial in Final Fantasy XIVHow to get Island Experience on your Island Sanctuary in Final Fantasy XIVWhere to find Islander’s Cowries in Final Fantasy XIVHow to get the Pterosquirrel Minion in Final Fantasy XIVHow to Fix Final Fantasy XIV Check Version Failed ErrorHow to Fix Final Fantasy XIV Launcher Update ErrorHow to Fix FFXIV ‘A Technical Issue has Occurred’